Video: Ruler of Dubai unveils logo for the Year of Tolerance
- 07 February 2019
- Add to Bookmarks
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has approved the official logo for the Year of Tolerance.
Based on the Ghaf, the UAE’s national tree, the logo will be used by government, private and media entities in all campaigns, initiatives and programmes launched in 2019.
— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) February 7, 2019
“Tolerance is a universal value, and Ghaf is our authentic national tree, a source of life and symbol of stability in the middle of the desert, under its shadows our ancestors gathered to consult on matters related to their daily lives. In the ‘Year of Tolerance’, we chose the Ghaf as a logo for all of us to live by the principles of tolerance, coexistence and diversity,” Sheikh Mohammed tweeted.
The Year of Tolerance will focus on five main pillars:
1. Deepen the values of tolerance and coexistence by imparting these values to the youth.
2. Solidify the UAE as the global capital for tolerance via a series of initiatives and projects.
3. Host cultural programmes and events to help build tolerant communities.
4. Focus on legislative and policy-oriented objectives surrounding cultural and religious tolerance.
5. Focus on promoting tolerance and coexistence via media initiatives and projects.
© MySalaam.com 2019 All rights reserved