Contribution and Commenting Guidelines
This document covers all aspects of My Salaam user interaction and moderation, which includes comments on editorial and market place items.
Our key guidelines
- We welcome debate and dissent but personal attacks and mindless abuse will not be tolerated.
- People will feel strongly about issues discussed on the site but we will consider removing any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening. Additionally, we reserve the right to redirect or put an end to conversations that descend into “flame wars”.
- We do not tolerate racism, sexism and other forms of hate speech and will not accept comments that attack people on the basis of their appearance, race, belief, religion, religious practices, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
- We allow members to express a point of view that does not provoke with ungrounded assertions, personal attacks or smears.
Privacy and copyright matters
- Members are not allowed to lift or plagiarize any statements, opinions, or uploaded material that come from other members as a direct quote that represents either you or the organization you represent. We are all here to protect each other’s rights to each of our own content, and we do not condone plagiarism.
- Feel free to support your opinions and statements with publically-available material. However, we require you to limit the usage of such material as they may have liability implications on Thomson Reuters if not used in the proper manner and we will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libelous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright.
- We will seek your approval should we wish to publish any of your content and we urge you to do the same with regard to fellow members' contributions.
- We will remove posts that we are obviously spam-like, and we will, when necessary, remove postings or comments that are perceived as breaching guidelines. We will do this in the interests of keeping the environment safe and appropriate. If you have questions about content that was deleted, please contact a moderator although note that decisions about content removal are made at the sole discretion of our moderators and are not appealable.